Here is one last kitchen. Thanks for being a subscriber!! Hague Blue is far more green and gray than Hale Navy. The LRV of Railings was listed as 6 on the third party color tool, but again that seems wrong. I stenciled lace on the outside of the drawers to help me remember her! Im a little lazy when it comes to furniture painting and if there is a shortcut that still gives me the same beautiful finish, Im going to take that shortcut every single day of the week and twice on Sundays! The current color is a cherry atain. I want to paint every furniture piece blue it seems like! You can see more of this fabulous homes Hale Navy cabinets here: 2019 QEII Lottery Dream Homes Hale Navy Cabinetry. I personally love blue now i will make sure that my home reflects the idea discussed here. Thanks so much for checking out the blog! Seeing Hale Navy next to SW Naval makes it seem almost a charcoal gray. ), Color Comparisons to BM Hale Navy with actual paint colors in real homes. Benjamin Moore HC 154 Hale Navy. Its the perfect color depth to achieve the color navy without being black or too bright. 4. Westcott Navy is a gorgeous dark navy blue paint colour with JUST the right blend of navy blue (slightly blue-green) and gray so that it's saying ' navy' all day long without yelling it from the rooftops. If you place them next to each other you can see the green in Sea Serpent, but the overall effect will be similar. I prefer a stain finish on all my furniture pieces. Westcott Navy. Dont Forget Your Supplies!This little brush might look funny, but its my absolute ride or die!Rollers like these hold the most paint and make the job faster. It is a pretty saturated dark blue, bordering on cyan. Thank you so much for your posts! Kensington Blue is lighter than Hale Navy, less gray, and more blue. And for you-let's face it-blue is a neutral. ): When youre considering painting brick, most people just think white, but Hale Navy actually looks pretty amazing on brick exteriors: You might not want to paint your brick at all, in which case it would be nice to know if this color will work with your existing red brick. Hello Paint does the same thing, without the expensive international shipping. Remember, I dont always have THE images I need from my E-Design work, so I do my best to showcase colours in other ways. Instead, it is dark and moody, leaning more towards the black and dark gray tones it carries. Of course you could always choose this white: Dont worry, I did the heavy lifting and wrestled the secret formula out of the painter. For most furniture and walls, I like to use a satin or eggshell sheen which will give you a luxurious matte finish that is still wipeable. Why its an interior design staple and the best navy paint for walls, cabinets. Commanding Officer, Strike Fighter Squadron (VFA) 136. Its out of the can white. Now, before we get into the GOOD stuff, lets chat for a minute about two important points. Hale Navy is a very dark color so although it interacts well with different lighting situations, consider using it on an accent wall instead of the entire room if you are concerned about using it in a dark room where you dont have a lot of natural light coming in. Hale Navy and Revere Pewter Its a warm charcoal. I used the hex codes from other tools to make my swatches, but I will tell you how the colors look to me. I cannot get enough blue! )This tool will save your back and limit time on a ladder. This color made our list of the best Sherwin Williams exterior paint colors of 2021. The second color (depicted on the right side) is named Westcott Navy and also has a code 1624 assigned to it. I wouldnt say that Stiffkey Blue is really a navy. It looks more like a saturated marine blue. I especially liked the photos of the door that went from OK to fabulous when painted Naval (Im a sucker for a good before & after!). Im looking at Hale Navy, Cheating Heart and Sea Serpent. Use painters tape to attach it to a wall that gets plenty of natural light and then live with it in the same space for a while, seeing how light interacts with the color during the day! When a color is as popular as Hale Navy is, we have the luxury of knowing what colors are most often paired with it. Hale Navy is a deep, extremely dark navy blue with a slate gray slant to it. Can you give me some advice for the best possible outcome. Inkwell is almost black, as opposed to navy. And I like the burgundy door. Want to see how it will look first? Naval, we see that it has a LRV of 6.3, while Naval has a LRV of 4. Your email address will not be published. Painting with dark colors can be tricky! Compared to Cheating Heart, the blue in Wrought Iron takes more of a backseat and the black-gray comes forward. I was really rooting for Hale Navy, but once I saw the house painted with the Newburg Green, I thought it looked lovely! If you are unsure of the best sander for furniture projects, you can find an easy-to-use sander for less than $20, here: Best Sanders for Furniture, 2020. We love James Hardie siding for its marriage of form and function. Thanks Mary! 22032019 All Hail Hale Navy. In real life, it looks like a dark teal color. I'm personally a big fan of Indigo Batik. And whether its on an island, bathroom vanity, or front door, its a classic addition to almost any home. Here is a better shot of Rachels current front door. Now that your primer is dry, its time for your first coat of this classic navy. Those screws have a tendency to roll away at the worst possible time! Light reflectance value runs on a scale from absolute black at 0, to brightest white at 100. The Hale Navy RGB color values are 67 red, 75 green, 86 blue, or in other words, while Hague blue is 62 red; 78 green, 86 blue, which means Hague Blue is also a bit more green than Hale Navy. I didnt realize that I needed a top coat, so thank you for that advice. You can squint at this color scheme and pretend the orange is brick: Or you could take inspiration from a similar color. In some lights, Wrought Iron can look more like a SOFT BLACK, than anything blue-inspired, which is why its SO IMPORTANT to have that little paper chip sample of Benjamin Moore Black 2132-10 handy for comparison. Hale Navy and Revere Pewter look stunning together. Another popular navy is Sherwin Williams Naval. Darker paint colours can look DAMN dark on the small scale and by taping a sample of black to your larger samples, it will give you a better frame of reference as to their ACTUAL depth and colour! Remember how Hale Navy goes with anything? The two teams met on the Plain on November 29, 1890, with the much more experienced Navy team defeating the . If you like Sherwin Williams Cyberspace, Westcott Navy is really a subtle, slightly bluer tweak of it. Sherwin Williams Sea Serpent is a tiny bit more green, and a tiny bit less gray than Hale Navy. Blue Note is super similar to Hale Navy! Now, I cant tell you that your cabinets, built-ins or front door will SUIT navy blue; notevery home can visually support it. Dont forget to download the FREE step-by-step printable checklist that shows you the entire process Ive used on dozens of furniture pieces while saving you time and money! Sherwin Williams Light French Gray VS Repose Gray Solved! Im renovating and they have been a lifesaver. I havent seen Hale Navy on walls and ceiling together, but here is a dark color called Cascades by Sherwin Williams to give you an idea: White trim and lots of natural light keeps the space feeling open. (If you are in a humid area, wait until the next day to paint). This next home used Hale Navy with Sherwin Williams Pure White, and also went for a white door. Another popular navy blue from Sherwin Williams is Indigo Batik, though it somewhat straddles the navy blue - regular-old-blue line. I recommend them as they are good products. Here is an example in a lighter brown color: This is a kind of in-between gray brown color: Because we already know that Hale Navy looks great with various shades of natural brown trim, and you can see several examples of cedar decks with it, I think its pretty safe to say that any shade of brown would work. One more, because I honestly dont see untinted white often: Theres obviously a weird shadow on the door, so ignore how the white looks in the top half of the photo. But now you know some furniture painting hacks to make painting dark furniture SO much easier. Can you tell greiges are still popular? My second dupe from Behr is Starless Night. I only recommend products that I use. Dont care about other Benjamin Moore navy blues? Its the ultimate Hale Navy example home, because it has evolved a lot! The challenge with darker colors can be finding ones that work well with neutral paint colors. Between the two, I would say Naval is more of a classic navy than Hale Navy. 9. ), How to Paint Furniture White (The Right Way), A Beginners Guide to Furniture Painting (Best Tips & Color Ideas! Sally Hitchcock. This color is a teeny tiny bit darker than Hale Navy, with an LRV of 6. It is actually darker than Hale Navy with an LRV of 7.76, but it reads brighter. If you are unsure, get a sample of hale navy, paint a small piece of posterboard. Your primer should only take a couple of hours to dry before it is time to paint. A relatively neutral blue might look slightly blue-violet if you partner it with a blue-green. French Beret is in a similar blue range to Hale Navy, but significantly more gray. way to make chips and dents disappear. This means I dont always have the quality or TYPE of pics I need, but DEFINITELY have some SUPER helpful info to help you on your way! We don't want it to look too dark where it ends up coming across as grey, and not too light where it looks neon/odd or for it to look purple. I say that because I dont want you to waste a lot of time and elbow grease because the primer will do most of the work for us. This is why farmers till the soil from year to year to break up fallow ground in exchange for soil that allows the roots air to breath and room to grow. It works well with so many different colors even warm tones! Plants & Seeds. In this next photo, my client wanted to update the look of her oak kitchen without painting ALL of the cabinets. All are on the same color card. It is a bit darker, with an LRV of 6.81. Here I will show you Hale Navy inside and outside many homes, talk you through trim choices and color pairings, and finally share some alternatives! It is the Benjamin Moore color counterpart to Sherwin Williams Naval which was their 2020 Color of the Year. Pin. We are about to paint a Drexel Accolade dresser from the 1970s. Aegean Teal was Benjamin Moores Color of the Year for 2021. This will ensure that the dust does not end up in the final finish of our beautifully painted antique dresser! These E-books cover a wide range of topics and are sure to have you refreshing your space and rethinking how you live in your home! The color chart is named Benjamin Moore paint colours and it is quite popular among paint manufacturers and color designers. Salty Dog is a tiny bit more green than Hale Navy, but mostly it is bags more pigmented. 6 Tips To Get Right with Benjamin Moore Hale Navy before deciding if it's the right paint for your room! 9.87. Hale Navy is a slightly darker shade of blue than Hague Blue. We love this color and think it will be a mainstay for years to come. I thought this color was a deeper gray with some blue like the side angle of the house. The fastest, easiest, and most affordable way to test your paint colors, is by ordering a peel-and-stick sample! The Best Modern Paint Colors For Your Next Interior Painting Project - Elite Paint and Home Renovation, The 16 Best Paint Colours To Go With Oak (or Wood): Trim, Floor, Cabinets & More (PART 4), How to Update Your Older Granite Countertops, The 6 Best Off-White Neutral Paint Colours: Undertones & More, Sherwin Williams: 5 Best Neutral Beige Paint Colors (with a BIT more depth), The 8 Best Benjamin Moore WHITE Paint Colours, The 8 Best Blue & Green Blend Paint Colours: Benjamin Moore & Sherwin Williams, A beachy look often suits a blue-green over a blue-violet, A transitional or traditional style home usually suits blue-violet vs a blue-green, theyre more affordable than the samples pots/rollers/foam boards that are needed for traditional paint sampling, If you keep the samples on their white paper, you can move them around the room. BENJAMIN MOORE GENTLEMANS GRAY 2062-20. Navy can bring to mind everything from traditional maritime color schemes to elegant evening gowns. Its high quality custom built cabinetry that was built in 1996. Like other dark paint colors, Hale Navy may fade more quickly when used on surfaces that get tons of direct sunlight. Please enable JavaScript in your browser to submit the form, What Color is Benjamin Moore Hale Navy (HC-154). It still reads navy very much. Youll notice that the spray primer for the legs is gray and so is the Zinsser 123 primer for the rest of the piece. Below are some real-life examples of Hale Navy in action! Thats right! In the latest and greatest version of Rachels house, it sports a dark brown door. Watch. She is renovating her 1895 Victorian home in traditional style. The Best Navy Blue and Teal Paint Colours for Your Front Door. I love to show RELATEABLE & REAL homes, so ONLY use photos from my Online Colour Consulting clients. I would guess it is a 3, because it is truly almost black. Light reflectance values are really helpful to tell you which colors are deeper than others. Cheating Heart is more like a dark charcoal with a hint of blue than an actual navy. I have got a lot of these comparisons, so I will try to get through them in just a sentence or two each! Loved your post about Hale Havy!! She does her own spin on Hale Navy walls with this buffalo print pattern. If you love blue and you are shopping for paint, chances are you have already heard of Hale Navy! Brush on the clear coat in long strokes as you can see in the video here. It is a touch darker than Hale Navy with an LRV of 6.89. No more staring at a tiny 2 inch square trying to pick a paint color. You will LOVE Hale Navy! This deep charcoal navy is definitely on the favorite list. Do I love Hale Navy? Its a sophisticated, timeless classic beloved by our expert exterior home designers and interior designers alike. Polo Blue looks more different than Hale Navy than it really is, it is essentially just darker, with an LRV of 5.67, but it does have a bit less gray. And at some point, Ill have some FABULOUS photos of it in action hopefully soon! That was kind of an intense list of comparisons, so here are the Hale Navy dupes summarized: I will preface this little Farrow & Ball comparison check, by saying that Farrow & Ball shares almost no information about their colors, not even the LRVs! The LRV of Sea Serpent is 7, but Sherwin Williams rounds their numbers and Benjamin Moore does not, so I suspect the actual difference is less than the 1.36 it should be. Otherwise all of these kitchens used silver hardware either chrome or pewter. document.getElementById( "ak_js_1" ).setAttribute( "value", ( new Date() ).getTime() ); great good choice. If that is what youre after, go for it! Im allowing myself more time to focus on the essentials, taking more time to rest and creating things I love. (Check out my full review of Aegean Teal, with lots of real-life examples.). Here is a full step-by-step video showing you to how to paint furniture in this gorgeous navy from start to finish. I cant resist sharing a few more shots, because Sarahs living room (should we be saying parlor?) It's a classic color with an air of traditional sophistication. (Super pretty color! Sure it can vary in some lighting, but its a recognizable color and it never does anything funky. Hale Navy (HC-154) vs Westcott Navy (1624) This color comparison involves two colors that comes from the same color collection. Westcott Navy, used on the trim in the home above paired with Steel Wool on the stucco, is a couple of shades lighter than Hale Navy. Benjamin Moore Hale Navy Coordinating Colors White Dove Cloudy White Simply White However, this one is said to be Westcott Navy. The swatch sample for Hale Navy (HC-154) color is depicted on the left side a little bit lower on this page. Should you choose to make a purchase through one of my links, I may receive a small commission at no cost to you. Whether for a bedroom accent wall or a painted antique dresser from the 1900s, you cant go wrong with Benjamin Moore Hale Navy! Any remaining roller marks you see in the paint finish will settle out while the paint is drying. QUESTIONNAIRE: Should I Paint My Kitchen Cabinets or Leave Them Stained? Join 30,000 other DIYers by subscribing to the weekly newsletter and you will also get instant access to dozens of freebies. The LRV of Royal Navy is supposed to be 3.366, but I dont think its that much darker than Hale Navy (if at all). It's an excellent color for cabinetry, as well. Fortunately, Benjamin Moores Hale Navy has gray undertones make it soothing and sophisticated while its blue undertones still dominate. We can work with those directives. It is also darker, with an LRV of 4. It is a very classic navy shade that is perfect in a lot of ways. Like all navy paint colors, it has some green undertones but they dont overpower the gray tones that make it a neutral. I like to use Rustoleums spray paints and any of their primers will work. The white border will give you some delineation from the hale navy and the previous wall color so you can pick the best paint color without it being influenced by your old color. LRV. Thanks to its versatility, the deep blue makes Hale Navy houses stand out, especially with a creamy white trim. You simply go to the Sherwin Williams counter and ask for the color of Benjamin Moore Hale Navy. Arrive right to your DOOR STEP in 1-3 days. Its a popular color so you know its tried and true. Also, they are very prone to drips, and drips on those gorgeous milled legs will stand out like a sore thumb. I was so excited about the idea she had to leave the drawers stained and paint the rest navy. Gray Owl is a soft greige color from Benjamin Moore. Navy is a classic color and elegant choice, but improper application can bring out any flaws and imperfections and make the finish look messy. 2023 Kylie M. Interiors / All Rights Reserved / Website Design by. As I mentioned, this now navy chest of drawers was my grandmothers a woman who loved the Lord with all her heart and knew how to rest in Him. Then, hold it up to navy items in your home. However, on these shutters, you can see how dark it can POTENTIALLY look, FULL Paint Colour Review of Benjamin Moore Wrought Iron, YOUTUBE Video Review of Benjamin Moore Wrought Iron. Edgecomb Gray is more beige than gray, but a nice sandy neutral with Hale Navy. They are super cheap and can be thrown away when you are done. Required fields are marked *. It's as easy as snapping a photo and answering a few questions. Pick up a PAPER chip sample of Benjamin Moore Black (2132-10) or Sherwin Williams Tricorn Black. The upper cabinets in this kitchen are Sherwin Williams Extra White. The cobalt blue really pops when it's paired with a bright white. Its a popular color so yours may not be the only home in the neighborhood with Hale Navy paint (though weve found its more common as an accent or interior paint color). White Dove is one of Benjamin Moores all-time most popular whites. You dont have to be an interior designer to feature this gorgeous navy blue on a focal wall. It looks great on a point sample but sometimes on a large wall or furniture piece, it can get a little bright. (Complete Review & Dupes), Sherwin Williams Swiss Coffee Inspired Paint Colors (Ranked! Hale Navy is Benjamin Moore's most popular navy paint color. Let the piece dry overnight before adding the hardware and using it. This is a great choice to get the look of satin gold hardware. It is also a lot less gray. In case you missed it under trim choices, this is straight-outta-the-can Benjamin Moore white. Seen together, these two are quite different shades. It was a rainy day when I did this so I left the garage door open to get good ventilation. Balboa Mist is another light greigey color that is popular for whole homes. Indigo Batik is kind of like it sounds: Indigo. FULL Paint Colour Review of Benjamin Moore Hale Navy, YOUTUBE Video Review of Benjamin Moore Hale Navy. Like Hale Navy, this color is still squarely in the blue, but it can read purpley. Red really pops against the navy with all of the fresh greens. It will do most of the work for you. This is especially helpful with dark furniture pieces because it will protect the furniture from smudges from the paint reacting to the oils on your hands. As I mentioned in my post How to Sand Furniture, you shouldnt spend more than about 5 minutes sanding a furniture piece. AN LRV OF 4? It has stronger green undertones than Hale Navy and doesnt have any of the purple undertones of Naval. This is Sherwin Williams Cyberspace: Marissa from @in_vest_homes actually used it on a few ceilings. If you love navy blue and are looking for a James Hardie siding option, we recommend looking into Evening Blue. The password is transformation please copy and paste that in at the link above. Hale Navy Vs . The best thing about using a dark gray primer is that it will save you from the extra cost and effort! A DIYer, encourager, and tenacious problem solver determined to help you transform your house into a home. Hale Navy is one of the most popular navy colors because of its versatility and dependability. To learn how to add fabric drawer liners that are paper-like, scented and stain-resistant, click here: The Easy Way to Make Drawer Liners from Fabric, Also, I figured out how to paint with detailed stencils without paint bleed. I thought about SW Naval for the island but it is a lot brighter and has more purple in it than Hale Navy. Pinterest. When Im stuck for a color in a palette, Hale Navy very often fits the bill. Cloud White is another most popular white by Benjamin Moore. Would love your insights! Question about Indigo Batik. Benjamin Moore Hale Navy is a transitional color, meaning it has the perfect balance of cool and warm undertones. Benjamin Moore HC 154 Hale . SW Charcoal Blue vs. Sea Serpent Samplize will ship you a large sticker made of actual paint. Weve recommended it for use on all sorts of different surfaces: siding, stucco, brick, shutters, front doors, and more. Looking for a Navy front door color in a yellow living room with blue couches far away from the door and warm floors. In the paint world, we are working in a range of about 3 93 because no paint color is purely black or completely white. You can see more in this post: Sherwin Williams Cyberspace (The Moodiest Charcoal Blue!). If youre looking for a color thats in between hale navy and old navy this would be the best option. Please see my full disclosure HERE). Anyone can renovate a house but only God can transform our hearts! Or Hale Navy alongside Raccoon Fur, to help you choose between the two? Hale Navy is a cool, deep navy blue. Here are just a FEW reasons why I recommend Samplize to my clients. Again, if you've been with me for a while now, you know how I love Westcott Navy. 25% is pretty subtle more noticeable in some colours than others. I noticed that most people either happened to have, or opted for, a dark gray roof with Hale Navy: Different house, but almost identical roof color: One of the most popular questions about Hale Navy exteriors, is whether or not it will work with a brown roof. Westcott Navy is a gorgeous dark navy blue paint colour with JUST the right blend of navy blue (slightly blue-green) and gray so that its saying navy all day long without yelling it from the rooftops. Sherwin Williams Cyberspace vs. Hale Navy. Is Benjamin Moore Hale Navy the best navy blue for your paint project? My biggest fear is that darkening it would bring out more purple, which I dont want. Hale Navy by Benjamin Moore is one of the most versatile navy blue exterior paint colors out there, functioning as a deep, saturated neutral in most color palettes.

Meridian Behavioral Health Ceo, Articles W