Alabaster SW 7008 is a warm white, check out Greek Villa SW 7551 and Origami White SW 7636 for two more options. I want to use it in an (adult) bedroom with slanted walls and paint the walls/ceilings all the same color. I would imagine that it would slightly highlight the warm purple thats in Barren Plain, especially if its considerably more neutral looking. This value is close enough for me to consider Oyster White to be an off-white color. You should read this blog post, it will become your best friend (or I will, one or the other). What finish would be nice for the walls? Pure White trim is fabulous and flexible, I see no problem with those at all! An off-white hue like Shoji White features warm tones that create a cozy look full of comfort. Do you have a preference at all for what color family you want the walls to be? I would much rather see you in SW Pure White which is more simple and flexible. Natural Choice SW 7011 There is typical new construction moulding halfway up the wall and it is double story. colors do you suggest go together for walls and cabinets. So its not that its BAD, it can just be limiting for other choices It sounds like we have a similar kitchen and we are thinking of White Duck as well. Lots of light in all rooms. Would love to hear your thoughts. Whereas SW Dover White has a warm, creamy yellow undertone and is also dirtier than SW Ice Cube. The White Duck with the Edgecomb Gray is beautiful. Hi Monica! Its beautiful together! Are you an avid reader? Can you give me guidance? Swiss Coffee is creamier and slightly warmer with stronger yellow and grey undertones. I currently have Creamy White trim throughout the main house. This means that every time you visit this website you will need to enable or disable cookies again. Here is the link to sign up: https://www.sherwin-williams.com/en-us/virtual-color-consultation. would iit work to paint over this with another white? Can you tell us what room you are painting? It looks a bit dingy to me. Im having difficulty because all the whites seem to look like pure white and no subtle pop. The entire entry way, dinning room, living room and kitchen are all 12 feet high ceilings and all open. I had planned to use a barely- off-white paint with a slight pink undertone (Ben Moore Atrium White) on the walls/ceiling, but dont think thats going to look good with the yellowish undertone in floor. Hi Amanda! LRV of 74 White Duck has a light reflectance value, or LRV, of 74. https://homeowner.sherwin-williams.com/colorconsult/. City Loft seems like it would work well, but you just mentioned a pink tone. Id appreciate any ideas! I am really wanting to paint ceilings, wall and trim in same color but difft sheens. As such, it can serve in situations designed for either type of color. I actually have an E-design service just for this! The neutral base calms it down, so its more of a neutral/cream and less of a colour/yellow. Ive been reading all your posts but havent seen you mention natural choice or natural ground. And Pure White in SW Captivate will be used on all the rest of the . Click HERE or on the above image to see the available packages! So many blogs, articles, painters, etc., but I dont know what to do? So, I havent used Ivory Lace very much its pretty and is a bit less cream/yellow than Creamy, but WARMER than White Duck! Which color do you recommend? I have Kilim Beige by SW. The insight you give about undertones and room exposures is so helpful. Can you tell me which one would be a better choice that will not read yellow? We are starting with a blank slate. Thank you! Below, are photos of this color in our laundry room ( on the shiplap) and in my daughter's room ( on the beadboard) Pearly White by Sherwin Williams - Consider using either Pure White SW 7005 or Extra White SW 7006 either one will pop. Alabaster SW 7008 @thenewlywedwards. There you are! If your doors are Greek Villa you would want to paint all of the architectural trim (baseboards/windows etc.) In this range, youll find off-whites that are light and bright but will still show some contrast with standard white trim. Any gray (even warm ones) will have blue, purple, green, or a mix of those undertones and Classic Gray is no exception (read more about that here). You have warm greige and cool greige paint colors. Im thinking SW Pure White for the trim. Thank you. Hi Laura! We are using SW Pure White for all trim, doors and ceilings. Would Alabaster or Shoji White be a better blend with Shitaki? https://www.kylieminteriors.ca/online-decorating-design-services/, The 16 Best Paint Colours To Go With Oak (or Wood): Trim, Floor, Cabinets & More (PART 4), How to Update Your Older Granite Countertops, The 6 Best Off-White Neutral Paint Colours: Undertones & More, Sherwin Williams: 5 Best Neutral Beige Paint Colors (with a BIT more depth), The 8 Best Benjamin Moore WHITE Paint Colours, The 8 Best Blue & Green Blend Paint Colours: Benjamin Moore & Sherwin Williams, if you have a TON of green outside your window (grass/trees), your off-white walls might pick up a hint of green, if your porch floor is painted red, your off-white walls might look a tad pink as the red is reflected on your walls AND the high LRV of your walls reflects it back, Classic Gray has an LRV of almost 75, so its in the off-white range, but really has a bit more body than most, offering a beautiful contrast with white trim (ie. When Stevie isnt writing and researching, she likes to knit, crochet, and spin yarn on her antique Great Wheel. Hi Clarice, Wed like to get a better sense of your space before making a recommendation. Honestly, I discovered through SW paint samples, that the more Raw Umber the paint formula has, the more I have issues with those undertones I dislike. The room has one sliding glass door that is the only source of natural light, and it faces exactly southwest. Or would you recommend something different than Duck White. Our perimeter cabinets are SW Pure White, island color is SW Mindful Gray, countertops are Cambria Torquay, and backsplash is light marble subway. Do you think Extra White is always too bright? Skyline Steel SW 1015, Im Currently building a house, I really want a white thats not bright and crisp for my exterior color on hardy plank more of an off white, but Im afraid of it looking yellow. Yes, Alabaster SW 7008 would look great in your family room. I totally agree with Kylie to never use Creamy on trim, doors or cabinets though! This makes it a fairly light color and puts it just on the borderline of off-white colors, which generally run from a LRV of 73 to 82. I so enjoy your reviews, Kylie. Another blogger said Natural Choice could flash pink which is what I am trying to avoid. I appreciate your feedback. Did you want a lighter color and are you keeping the trim? Wed like to get a better sense of your space before making a recommendation. As my style is more rustic cabin on a lake with tons of wood and light wood stained cabinets, is Alabaster a good choice for a warm white? Thanks for all the info you share! Something else? I wanted to use SW alabaster but am now leaning towards SW pure white as a whole house paint (walls, cabinets, trim, doors) Will it be to stark white? Classy black and gray? You could definitely do a monochromatic palette with Greek Villa SW 7551 and you are correct; paint the trim in a semi-gloss sheen and paint walls and ceilings in a flat sheen. I picked some random light off-white colour, tried to change it to another colour, then found and read your blog a billion times only to learn that I chose the Dulux equivalent of Eider White! And if this is your first time to my blog the Ginger likes to hear herself talk (or type). This is a great website and your feedback is greatly appreciated. Once again, it sits on the fence! If Eider White looks too gray check out Shoji White SW 7042 or Aesthetic White SW 7035. at the top of the page She teaches art classes for adults and enjoys helping people discover their creativity. Its my office, so I know Im going to win the argument (wink wink), but I would love to hear your thoughts on White Heron. Now, before we get into the guts n the glory, lets talk about off-whites and why they are such a bugger to choose. I am building a modern house with French white oak flooring, cabinets, beams and ceilings. We want a white color for the walls and are leaning towards the Eider White, Pure White or Alabaster. Hi Joe! Hi I am thinking of painting my open space living/kitchen area Alabaster. Hi Lea! Oyster White Undertones . Hi Linda, check out these white/light greiges. White Duck has an LRV of 74, so it really is on the border of off-white and light, offering CONTRAST with trim without visual WEIGHT it's great if you're looking for a warm, but not OBVIOUSLY beige, gray or creamy neutral like Aesthetic White (coming shortly), it's one of the few options with no obvious undertone to wrestle with Why do you not recommend on cabinets? Wondering if you could make a recommendation on the best exterior shade of white. You can see here that even though these colors are only two points apart on the LRV scale, with City Loft at 70 and Oyster White at 72, they are definitely different colors. This shade pairs especially well with traditional spaces thanks to its approachable quality that feels timeless. Look at: Actually theres a whole wide range of whites, including warm whites, cool whites, off-whites, and pastels. So yes, paint your cabinets Pure White SW 7005, if you introduce another white it may look like you tried to match the wall color and failed. Thank you! Strictly Necessary Cookie should be enabled at all times so that we can save your preferences for cookie settings. White Duck can be a FANTASTIC exterior colour for siding, brick or other surfaces. Both colors highlight the natural beauty of the wood countertops and flooring. White Dove is slightly brighter with a LRV of 85.38 compared to Swiss Coffee's LRV of 83.93. Or what might be the difference there? Then maybe use Mindful Gray on the walls in one or two corner rooms like the dining room and/or office. Alabaster could work, but I might also look at SW Pure White . Lastly, and what I am must curious about, we are considering Duck White for the majority of the first floor walls, including the foyer, kitchen, and family room. We definitely dont want yellow or cool gray undertones. Thank you for asking! Friends that came over said it looked dingy in natural light and they were right. It looks lovely. I am painting my exterior vinyl. First published in 2019, awesomely updated in 2022. Hi Kylie, What color trim would you suggest to compliment the SW White Duck walls? You can also use it as an exterior color, or an all-over indoor color. Expansive South and North facing windows and not very sunny/bright in the main rooms. Would White Duck walls go with Alabaster trim? It is the front runner for my living/dining combination in my Montana town house with south facing windows. Also, take a look at Greek Villa SW 7551, it is very similar to Alabaster but is just a bit brighter. Hi Kylie! I was thinking about accessible beige white. What trim do you recommend ? Hi Lisa, yes, that could be quite pretty! Im feeling overwhelmed on colors for my kitchen. Looking it up online I see that its from Kelly Moore. Stucco SW 7568, I am using iron ore for my trim on my exterior. It has a light reflectance value of 73.5, so definitely not as bright as Alabaster. I loved this post. Look at: Samplize offers peel and stick paint samples that are more AFFORDABLE, EASIER and more ENVIRONMENTALLY FRIENDLY than traditional paint pots. 3. It is a beige that centers on an orange undertone, but has some red in it and can flash slightly pinkish just to let you know. The flooring, furniture colors, etc. See why Oyster White ends up in so many categories? I am so proud of my choice for our new bathroom walls. Two questions: 1. Itll appear like an ageing white. Alabaster SW 7008 is the lightest of our warm whites so that would work for you. But it also has some subtle green undertones as well. White Duck is a unique name for a unique color. Eider White SW 7014 is a light greige and has some gray in it. I get asked about off-whites ALL the time, the most common question being, I was thinking of using this off-white paint colour, are there any sneaky undertones I should know about? You bet there are! Creamy #SW7012 Despite our home, several vehicles and my student loans, only NOW do I feel like Im adulting because why? Hello I am painting my kitchen clary sage. For example, warm and cool whites each look better with their respective color palettes. curious what your thoughts were on those colors for exterior I will have stained wood doors and posts with stone on the house as well, with clay colored windows. . Are you looking for relaxing neutrals? Kylie M Interiors, Edesign expert talks about one of the best neutral paint colours - Sherwin Williams White Duck. This way if its a warm color, you can choose something with warm undertones or vice versa. Your email address will not be published. Black and white is a classic because it works! For reference, my favorite SW off-off white is Oyster White, but it leans too green for this room. Im trying to find more information on SW City Loft. White Duck is too yellow for the cabinets. What does that mean for me? Treat your kitchen cabinets and trim as architectural details (which they are) and use the same crisp white on all of your trim and cabinetry. Splashes of blue touches of violet, hints of green or even PINK off-whites are DAMN hard to choose. Thank you! Dori. Oyster White looks creamy next to this handsome navy blue door. Thoughts on this? For example. Sherwin Williams Oyster White leans on the cool side of greiges, but you cannot say that without pairing it with other colors. Anita Yokotas Favorite Sherwin-Williams Colors. the trim is white semi gloss. I do not want beige or cream. Hi Jessica! I have Acacia Wood floors in my kitchen, dining and living room and golden oak cabinets in the kitchen. All Rights Reserved. Is a combo of Pure White, Duck White, and Mindful Gray a good one? 5 Tips to Choosing an Exterior Paint Colour AND DID YOU KNOW? EW pulls a Rose/Pink undertones!! Hi Peggy! FULL Paint Colour Review: Benjamin Moore Classic Gray. This one is exactly what the color states. Yes, I have off-white colours on my walls, oh yes! My trim is BM white dove and so are my kitchen cabinets. White Duck SW 7637, Hi there! Whether you're looking for inspiration, or actually planning to use this paint, SW White Duck would be a great option. Trends are leaning warmer, away from gray, and closer to the beige end of things. I havent been able to find any mention of this for a trim color. Thanks, your posts are fabulous! Hi Ann, Yes, Shoji White SW 7042 would look great with both the Iron Ore trim and the griege tones in your stonework. If you need help, you may benefit from our free virtual color consultation. And I agree, to sit with those exposures, White Dove could be a nice fit. The 3 Wicked Whites of the West When it comes to picking a white paint colour for trims, doors and cabinets, there is a fiiiiine-line between what is flexible and what is most definitely not. Moderate White is an off-white beige with a gentle orange undertone. We are going to paint our living area that has lots of natural light. Depending on what's next to it, Oyster White has both grey and beige undertones. We are new construction. Hi Jennifer! The ceilings are 7-1/2 ft. high. New Construction with 1.5 stories 20ft + ceilings in LR & DR, open Loft. Attached rooms are grey tones decorating is modern farmhouse ish. Hoping Ill love it. Id like an all house wall color for a seamless contemporary look that is not bright white. I want to paint my dining room, entryway, and hall. Thanks! Get my step by step in my post on how to paint a room. Natural Choice Vs White Duck Another pastel and off-white on the list, SW White Duck has an LRV of 74 making it an absolute warm-toned paint color to be used in homes. I recommend you not use this paint on the ceilings and trims with medium-toned paints! I mean, its not OVERLY warm, but it aint cool. Now you know the hallmarks of greige paint colors, a greige is cooler than a beige but warmer than gray. I have those dreaded cream / off white cabinets you spoke of. Let us know when you get a minute. It's the color that I chose to paint most of our NC home including our guest room: But they both are great on walls, cabinets, and exteriors. Can you recommend a similar off-white alternative? If youd like something with a wee wink more colour, take a look at Benjamin Moore Timid White which is just slightly less neutral/more creamy yellow (also check out Benjamin Moore White Down). I dont know, I dont think there is a white that I would partner up, it sounds like any white will just make your cabinets look creamier and dingier. 2. Is alabaster too white? SW creamy left me curious. Would you suggest chatilly lace, oxford white or decorators white. Benjamin Moore, in some lights, Classic Gray can look quite greige, but really, its a warm gray, while Classic Gray FAVOURS gray, it never looks icy cold like traditional gray paint colours, White Duck has an LRV of 74, so it really is on the border of off-white and light, offering CONTRAST with trim without visual WEIGHT, its great if youre looking for a warm, but not OBVIOUSLY beige, gray or creamy neutral, like Aesthetic White (coming shortly), its one of the few options with no obvious undertone to wrestle with, in the above photo, White Duck is shown with Benjamin Moore, Silver Satin has an LRV of 76, so its sittin pretty in the off-white range, because its a warm gray, Silver Satin will come up a bit warmer in a, Silver Satin looks pretty with Sherwin Williams, theyre more affordable than the samples pots/rollers/foam boards that are needed for traditional paint sampling, If you keep the samples on their white paper, you can move them around the room, Creamy has an LRV Of 81, which is an UBER fab off-white depth, on the, Creamy has enough warmth to be OBVIOUS without being obnoxiously yellow, especially compared to, Aesthetic White has an LRV of 73, so its another on-the-border colour, but I still find that it gives a fab off-white look with no obvious green/purple/blue/colour in it, Its nice for a north-facing room for a neutral, but not particularly warm NOR cold look. Alabaster is a popular white paint from Sherwin Williams and its in the Color ID: Nurturer collection with Oyster White. 1. I have a lot of mahogany wood and travertine and what to lighten the house and take out some of the yellow. I have no idea what colour to use on the ceiling. Hi Samsmom, I have the exact issue! Im considering Benjamin Moore Halo on our walls (many other whites we have tested are too sterile/stark in our home).

Chris Rock The Hypocrisy Of Our Democracy, Fort Worth Public Library Catalog, Do Chameleons Reproduce Asexually Or Sexually, Fort Hood Garrison Commander, Upton On Severn Marina Boat Sales, Articles W