Our coverage area includes Bedford, Everett . On Friday morning, Fort Myers will . She decided to head to the Buckeye . KyLeah is a Digital Content Producer at NewsChannel 10. A large number of citizens trust their news anchors and reporters and they are preferred by the audience over other options because of their success. Im still in love with the same community, Murgo said. Don't Threaten. On March 16, he starts as . In addition to anchoring the morning show, she also reports. Winds W at 5 to 10 mph. We interviewed our tech expert, Jaime Vazquez, to learn more about accessible smart home devices. Seth Kaplan. A Blair County icon is set to hang up his broadcasting suit at the end of this week as he looks to a new career. The channel is widely available on multiple local cable networks, satellite services, and over-the-air via an antenna in Altoona and its suburbs. The channels exclusive weather team consists of three members including Kaitlyn Moffett, Christy Shields, and Joe Murgo. Daniela is a bilingual investigative producer for InvestigateTV. Kantz, WTAJ morning news co-anchor, will become morning co-anchor at WLNE, an ABC affiliate in Providence, R.I. Kantz, who grew up in Edinboro, said he always wanted to be a sportscaster, his first job at WTAJ. The longtime news anchor turned life and business coach, author and podcaster had returned from living in Jamaica to the United States in late 2016 after breaking up with her boyfriend when she received an unsettling surprise. I will miss them, for sure., He has been an important part of WTAJ News and our success over the years. Maggie Smolka possesses something many journalists simply dont have a thirst for telling stories that impact you, your family, or neighbors. Discover Switzerland, Austria and Bavaria with Doppler Dave, KFDA-departmentheads@gray.tv - 806-331-9839. Those measurements are usually input into computer systems. She began her journalism training at Emerson College in Boston, MA. Maggies work reflects her passion for making our communities a better place to live, said Steven Shaw, news director at WTAJ. Lee also works as an Evening News Anchor and Chief Investigative Reporter at WVUE. Jaime grew up in the South Hills of Pittsburgh, but has family that lives in the Steubenville area. Here's my look into the weather. After starting his career at Accuweather in State College and then shifting to Washington, D.C., Murgo realized he didnt want to stay in D.C. for the rest of his career. Now he works as a laborer at Kawneer Company, Inc. Like a few of my excellent abc27 colleagues, my first TV reporting job was at WDVM in Hagerstown. If you see Maggie out in the community, make sure to stop and say hi. Copyright Altoona Mirror | https://www.altoonamirror.com | 301 Cayuga Ave., Altoona, PA 16602 | 814-946-7411, I was looking for a career, not just a stopping place,, I love the area, and I love the community., If youre going to try something, this is time,, Ive made a lot of sacrifices through the years,, Im happy to say Im available to help the community now,, Joe is very intense when it comes to severe weather and keeping people safe,, We will miss him most for his dedication and drive., He brings an extensive knowledge of meteorology and climate science, as well as a terrific ability to explain complex scientific concepts,, Im still in love with the same community,. 1998 - 2023 Nexstar Media Inc. | All Rights Reserved. Jamie is InvestigateTV's managing editor. Local News / 17 hours ago. He went to Edinboro University to stay close to home and take advantage of the schools broadcast journalism program. Molly Martinez rejoined Gray Television in March 2022 as a multimedia journalist in the Washington News Bureau. When expanded it provides a list of search options that will switch the search inputs to match the . That makes it difficult to say goodbye and move on. Timothy Knapp joined the Gray Television Washington News Bureau in September 2018 as Studio Manager and Photojournalist. Joe Murgo is a Chief Meteorologist at Wtaj-Tv based in Altoona, Pennsylvania. Nicole is a WTAMU graduate and is a reporter for NewsChannel 10. Their public speaking skills allow them to deliver the news to the public concisely and accurately. Despite receiving a job offer in Virginia, Murgo called WTAJ on a whim and had a great conversation with then-news director Jim Frank. Beginning Monday at 4 p.m., WTAJ will launch WTAJ News at 4 p.m., and with this newscast, it will air more than six hours of live programming every weekday. Courtesy photo / I am so grateful for the opportunity to continue my career at WTAJ as the evening anchor. She currently serves as a weather forecaster at WJAC-TV based in Johnstown, Pennsylvania. Joe is very intense when it comes to severe weather and keeping people safe, Dubrow said. The channel is widely available on multiple local cable networks, satellite services, and over-the-air via an antenna in Altoona and its suburbs. For her career Marisa has scored 1,747 points, which is tenth in program history. Brendan Cullerton joined the Gray Television Washington News Bureau in March 2022 as a multimedia journalist after spending four years covering state, local, and federal politics for the CBS affiliate in Milwaukee. WTAJ News is a CBS-affiliate TV service providing services to Altoona, Johnstown, State College, DuBois, Pennsylvania. Jamie Bittner joined the Gray Television Washington News Bureau in December 2021. Alexandra started her journalism career in July 2013 in ESPN as an ESPY Awards Talent Assistant. WTAJ's Emmy award-winning News team delivers the day's top local, state, and national news.and a weather forecast powered by VIPIR Radar, the region's most p. High near 45F. The first second I step in and see Christy (Shields) and the other people I worked with, that is why I loved it, he said. She joined WTAJ News in 2017, as a weekend anchor and reporter. CBS 10 News Altoona is a local TV service available on cable, satellite, and over-the-air via a transmitter in the Pennsylvania region. Please enter a search term. At the moment, Maggie has not mentioned any details concerning either her parents or if she has siblings. wtaj tv. He now serves as Supervisor of Videography. Jon Decker is the White House Correspondent and Senior National Editor for Gray Television and has been a member of the White House Press Corps since 1995. Get the Android Weather app from Google Play, Rt. 15.6K Followers. Maggie has been a part of the WTAJ News team since July of 2017. Moreover, the audience of the channel can get the latest updates on breaking news in many Central Pennsylvania areas, such as Bedford, Cambria, Blair, Clearfield, Centre, Cameron, Jefferson, Huntingdon, Elk, and Somerset Counties. Murgo said his roots are in this area, and he has no plans to leave. In 2015, Maggie graduated with a Bachelor of Science in Broadcast journalism. Greg Kerr anchors the 5,6 and 10 Newscasts for Newschannel 10 and is thrilled to be a part of the excellent news team at Newschannel 10. Bernstein has been working at WTAJ on a part-time basis, but word is he just signed a new contract to work full-time. WTAJ - www.wtaj.com. Stephenson was a fixture in the community, having spent 34 years in TV news as announcer and director. What was in the sky Wednesday night in Pennsylvania? Hogan completed her education at Penn State University. Madi is an American Meteorologist. She joined WTAJ News in 2017, as a weekend anchor and reporter. Enjoy the unlimited news coverage, detailed weather transmission, live sports, traffic updates, and more via the WTAJ news live stream. Outside of work, Smolka loves spending time with her family (and her two dogs) who all live in Greensburg, visiting new places, and running. Mirror Staff Writer Walt Frank is at 814-946-7467. Kantz will be missed, Phil Dubrow, vice president and general manager said. The newscast will highlight news, weather and community information from across the region. that is degrading to another person. Kyle Rogers is the News Director for 'Local News Live'. Its a shot of energy joining Risilience, Murgo said, and hes excited to keep working in the field he loves and fully enjoy the region he adores at the same time. WTAJ-TV in Boydton, VA Expand search. Prior to that, Maggie worked as an Antiques Roadshow Intern at WGBH and a newsroom intern at WCVB-Tv. I was so focused on sports. Tanner Brammer is NewsChannel 10's weekend meteorologist. Therefore, it is not known if Maggie is single, dating, or married. In September 2011, Smolka became a Co-News Director and Co-President RTDNA at WEBN TV Boston. A woman requested officers accompany her this AM as she picked up belongings from the home 6 min after arriving, I'm told shots fired from inside & officers fired back, starting the stand-off. After earning a degree in broadcast journalism, Kantz got his first job as weekend sports anchor at WSEE in Erie as a junior in college. The Latest News and Updates in News brought to you by the team at WTAJ - www.wtaj.com: Skip to content. WTAJ, a CBS affiliate, has been the consistent leader in Central Pennsylvania television since first going on the air in 1953 (as WFBG). Maggie stands at a height of 5 ft 6 in (Approx 1.65 m). What is the best way to localize the news besides downloading an app on your phone? KJ Doyle is the Sports Director at NewsChannel 10. Cain has her . Hoke, a Penn Hills resident, is a Mt. She started her journey at the station as a Weekend Anchor and Reporter in July 2017, but later promoted to Morning Anchor in February 2019. PLEASE TURN OFF YOUR CAPS LOCK. Before WFMZ News she was a member of the WTAJ news team as a Multimedia Journalist. Latest News / YouTube / Archive / Stories Before Sept 2016; About Us / Shop FTVLive / Email Us / August 01, 2022 Gone in Altoona . However, after serving in The Hamptons for 9 months, she joined Citizens Bank as a Relationship Banker from March 2019 to August 2019. Sunshine and clouds mixed. Let's Find Out, Massive Pittsburgh-Based Drug Gang Busted By Feds, Pittsburgh International Airport's Famous Franco Harris Statue Moved. Since then, she has switched to three different companies. Prior to that, Madi was busy gaining experience for her career in both Cleveland and Central Pennsylvania since the mid-2010s. Murgo is scheduled to cover what is potentially his final Groundhogs Day today at Gobblers Knob. Tracy, who has been at WTAJ for five years, will return to the . Let's Find Out, PA County Wants To Make Its Own Gun Laws After Recent Court Defeat. He has showcased some great stories about people in our community. Maggie works as a morning anchor and reporter at WTAJ News in Altoona, Pennsylvania since February 2019. Latest News. ", Be the first to know what's happening in your town and area. I have been fortunate to work with great people. She started her journalism training at Emerson College in Boston, MA. Royster will begin her new anchoring duties on Monday, Dec. 13. It is because of the people I work with. . He specializes in economics and broadcasting communications. MAGGIE SMOLKA. The channels studios are available on Altoonas sixth Avenue, while its antenna is installed on Logan Township. ALTOONA - WTAJ Your News Leader has announced it will expand the amount of local news that's broadcast live on WTAJ. While there, she had the opportunity . WTAJ's Emmy award-winning News team delivers all of the overnight news and has a look at what viewers can expect from the day. Owen tries to bring a modern and cinematic look to investigative storytelling with dynamic and engaging animations and videography. Before this, Matt was a Desk Assistant at California University of Pennsylvania from August 2014 to May 2015. We'll take you around the league with reports from every team in the conference, streaming live at 8 p.m. I have been fortunate to work with great people. Submit breaking news or story. Local News and Information for Columbus, Ohio and surrounding areas. Get an email notification whenever someone contributes to the discussion. Sign up to see the latest Real Estate listings in Bedford County and surrounding areas! Error! WTAJ Your News Leader: Get your up-to-date local news, weather, and sports for Central Pennsylvania. To view our latest e-Edition click the image on the left. Mirror Staff Writer Nate Powles is at 814-946-7466. Royster also spent a year abroad in Argentina, and was able to become fluent in Spanish. She loves to keep her personal life secretive hence Maggie has not mentioned any details concerning her relationship status. Smolka has been morning anchor at WTAJ since October 2018. or anything. Marisa leads the Nittany Lions averaging 17.3 points and 4.3 assists per game this season. ET every Thursday! And she is really good at it. "Some are too personal to share in a lot of detail. Talk about a dream job! Media & News Company Altoona, PA wtaj.com Joined July 2009. An email has been sent to with a link to confirm list signup. In addition to anchoring the morning show, she also reports. all the best., Kantz said he hopes people remember him as a genuine normal guy., It took one day to walk in here and meet the people here and in the community, he said. racist or sexually-oriented language. Get local weather conditions, HD radar, the latest forecast, and more. WTAJ's Emmy award-winning News team delivers all of the overnight news and has a look at what viewers can expect from the day. The founder also used to own WFBG GM 98.1 and WFBG AM 1290 AM. She joined WFXR's Good Day Virginia team based in Roanoke, Virginia in January 2021. Friday will be Kantzs last day on the air at WTAJ, and he said he will miss his co-workers and the people in the community. Without her knowledge, her ex had taken nude photos and videos of her while she was sleeping and was threatening to . They had a working TV station and a working radio station, he said. WTAJ News at 6AM New. Joce is a national investigative reporter focused on accountability reporting on the He started his career in Lynchburg, Virginia in 2010, and joined NBC12 in 2013. The most common ethnicity at WTAJ News is White (73%). Prior to WTAJ TV 10 News, Riddle was a General Production Machinist at SD&R from June 2015 to November 2015. This is the only 4 p.m. newscast in the television market, according . I was looking for a career, not just a stopping place, Murgo said. She loves to keep her personal life secretive hence Maggie has not mentioned any details concerning her relationship status. Meanwhile, its community section includes Groundhog Wine Festival Tickets Sweepstakes, Make Us Smile, Remarkable Women 2022, Local Events, Contest Winners, Horoscopes, Central PA Pros, Puzzles & Games, and Gas Tracker. Please avoid obscene, vulgar, lewd, Smolka earned her degree in BS Broadcast Journalism at Ermerson College in 2011. She earns a satisfying amount from her work as a morning anchor and reporter at WTAJ News in Altoona, Pennsylvania since February 2019. Except for Live News Globe, all other services are paid. WTAJ News first hit the air on 1 March 1953 under the call signs WFBG TV. The calls were named after the founders initials William F.B. They are so talented. 10tv.com I will miss them, for sure.. Get the latest news and weather from the WTAJ News Team. Murgo said the news industry never felt like an actual job until just recently, leading him to question whether he should explore new options after more than two decades in the business. Moreover, she completed an Internship at WBUR as a Newsroom Intern from September 2012 to December 2012. Maggies average salary is$67,775per year. After leaving WTAJ, she started working at The Hamptons as an Assitant Community Manager from July 2018 to March 2019. Joe Murgo interviews Punxsutawney Phil during his annual Groundhogs Day coverage. The reporting staff incudes Courtney Murphy, Peyton Kennedy, and Yanni Tragellis. Also, viewers can access WTAJ TV 10 over the internet via wtaj.com. WTAJ has news bureaus staffed with journalists throughout central Pennsylvania to deliver viewers their first look at the days news. Maggie wporked as an Intern at CNN in June 2013. Get the iOS app. 30 closed as crews battle restaurant blaze in, $197M claimed from Pennsylvania Lottery scratch-offs, Lanes reopened after Multi-vehicle crash on I-80, Elliot out Sunday after snowboarding accident, Berlin, Penn Cambria highlight Fridays district, Flood of trades could be reduced to trickle at NHL, Young, Stroud defend against criticisms at NFL combine, United claims first District 6 crown Thursday, Mother-daughter duo create baby boutique to raise, Sponsored Content: Get whiter, brighter teeth with, Peerstar LLC provides help & support in your journey, Big Mammas Sauces Buffalo Chicken Creamy Pull-Apart, Sponsored Content: Maine Bay & Berrys Cheese Ravioli, Sponsored Content: Blair County Home Garden & Healthy, High school students raise money for families battling, Big Maple Family Farm launches cute, fluffy new attraction, Hundreds will jump into freezing water to raise money, Meals on Wheels driver delivers more than meals, Johnstown mom encourages others to pay it forward, Female veteran looks to support other female veterans, Blair County school raises money for veteran suicide, Kindness for Kinsley works to spread joy to others, Altoona woman publishes childrens book in honor, Long-time coach achieves something not many other, Do Not Sell or Share My Personal Information.

How To Type Long Vowel Symbol In Google Docs, What Happened To Laurie Metcalf, Why Do I Smell Vinegar In My Nose, Fun Critical Thinking Activities For Nursing Students, Florida High School Baseball Player Rankings, Articles W